Show #041 Direct Download:
OP: “Girls and Boys” by Blur, from the album Parklife
ED: Takarazuka 2004 Great Sports Day – Flower Troupe
We listen to Soar’s voicemail. Remember Randomization?
Link to Kodocha original OP on youtube:
Suggested titles for your 10-year-old sister (who likes cats):
– All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
– Sherlock Hound
– Tokyo Mew Mew
– Magical Do Rei Me
– Tweeny Witches
– Sugar Sugar Rune (manga by Del Ray, anime on the internet)
– What’s Michael (manga from Dark Horse, anime on the internet)
Three Ghibli films your sister will like:
– Whispers of the Heart
– The Cat Returns
– Kiki’s Delivery Service
– That one Sailor Moon movie about Luna
Regular notes on the show:
– There was that episode of Ouran High Schhol Host Club with a lot of it!
– We just watched “The Girl Who Leapt Through Time” – it was good! But Gerald won’t like it.
– I also saw “Year One in the North” which was quite excellent!
There’s a Japanese phrase for “Please bear with it” that seems to come up constantly.
Omiai – the Japanese custom of arranged marriage (literally “honorable see and meet”).
Gene Kelly + Bob Fosse = Takarazuka
What are the follies? How are they different from the Ziegfield Follies?
What’s a “dance revue“?
For theater-training montages in anime Erin recommends:
– Glass Mask (1984)
– Glass Mask (2005)
– There’s also a live-action version and a movie and stuff.
– Cat’s Eye has a similar opening
– But where’s the original Glass Mask opening on youtube?! (right here! Thanks cchan5000!